Monday, November 7, 2011

Blogs, Blogs, Blogs...

SHADOWS OF THE PAST
Love blogs! Love having my book spotlighted by blogs. Today Shadows of the Past is featured at THE LINCOLN LETTER! A lovely interview. Besides talking of Shadows of the Past, do you like Batman or Indiana Jones?

Still have the excerpt on ONLY ROMANCE and EBOOKS FREE FREE FREE. Don't forget about the contest this month celebrating Whispers of a Legend's release. If you get a chance to review, Shadows of the Past you have a chance for a $15 Amazon gift certificate. If you do a review, I'll send you a PDF of the next installment, The Path Now Turned, soon to be released!

Whispers of a Legend's numbers are growing. I just hope they continue upward. Barnes and Noble just released it. I'm still waiting (patiently) for Amazon to go free. Would have thought it would have by now. Maybe they were waiting until Barnes and Noble and Diesel came out. Diesel ebooks is having an issue with my link. Agh!!! Looking into it though. Hopefully it will be fixed soon.

I've decided to do something a tad different to my blogs. I'm adding book recommendations I'm taking from Novel Works. Here on Castles in the Air I'll recommend fantasy, paranormal, and science fiction. Already added a couple. Like to help my fellow authors out if I can. Remember though on my recommendations, I may not have read any of them. I've come to the conclusion that while reviews are great (if I had the time I would do reviews), one of the best ways to decide if a book is right for you is to read the first couple of pages or an excerpt. I have brought home a few books I brought because of the multitude of reviews in the beginning of the book. I know one in particular. A fantasy. It had 32 glowing reviews. Perhaps that should have been my first clue. I tried to read it. Honestly I did. Never could figure out the storyline, the main characters even. Maybe it was just above me but it wasn't my kind of book.

We all have our preferences to the type of writing we like. I'm here to give exposure to books. Fair. Right?

So what's coming up? My numbers to Shadows of the Past I hope. The sequel, The Path Now Turned, will be released the last week in November with the Vision of Destiny to follow in 2012. The contest. I have a week on Novel Works at the end of November spotlighting successful Indie authors. This week on Novel Works I have Dragonfly Publishing. A lot of fantasy and science fiction. Check it out if you get the chance. As always, let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment