Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Whispers of a Legend Contest!

Whispers of a Legend
Shadows of the Past
November! A new month. A great time to begin a contest. For the whole month of November I'm celebrating the release of Whispers of a Legend. I feel so good I'm going to give everyone a copy of Shadows of the Past! Okay it's free, but the next installment The Path Now Turned won't be.

The Path Now Turned will be release the end of November. Yes, in time for a great Christmas read! I've taken a little different turn with this series. More or less each book is a cliffhanger for the next. I have planned the first three installments to come right after each other. So the third installment, Vision of Destiny, will be out sometime after February if all goes as planned.

I have been working diligently trying to get Whispers out to everyone. It's still not free on Amazon. It's not up yet on Barnes and Noble, Diesel, or Apple. Hopefully by the end of next week. But I have submitted Whispers of a Legend, Part One- Shadows of the Past to a few places on the internet. I love having people download it and read it. So exciting to launch a series.

Now for the fun part. You can find Whispers on numerous websites. Of course its own Smashwords. Then you can find it on Getfreebooks. Freeebooks. Digilibraries. Bibliotastic. In this time I have spent promoting I have found places I never thought I would. I listed some of them so anyone else self-publishing can see what I did and maybe it will help. I have to say Smashwords have been extremely helpful with promotions. It's funny because my other two books I have out at the moment, my publisher kinda just left it up to me how to promote. I hadn't a clue. I was lost in a sea of new releases. At least with Smashwords, they have given a market strategy. I can promise you that on my next historical release in January (The Judas Kiss), I will be using most of what I've learned. I have even learned how to do a press release.

Coming Soon!
So what do you have to do to win? I am doing all I can to get the word out about Whispers of a Legend. BUT I need your help. I need reviews. The more reviews the better. Even a good word (leaving a comment here or there) will enter you into the contest. For the first ten reviews for Shadows of the Past, I will give the reviewer a copy of The Path Now Turned. At the end of the month, I will choose a winner for a $15 gift certificate to Amazon. The reviews can be on any site. Good luck! And thanks a bunch!

1 comment:

  1. Whispers is up on Barnes and Nobles for Free! If you want the link it's below! Excited.
    http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/whispers-of-a-legend-part-one-shadows-of-the-past-carrie-james-haynes/1107044699?ean=2940032814665&itm=1&usri=whispers%2bof%2ba%2blegend

    ReplyDelete