Sunday, December 25, 2011

MERRY CHRISTMAS!


AMAZON, BARNES & NOBLE, SMASHWORDS
My wish for you is for a very merry Christmas. I hope the holidays hold everything your heart desires.

Everyone in my house is sleeping a the moment. It's funny because time flies. Not so long ago, there were Christmases where at this moment, all the Christmas presents from Santa would have already been opened. My kids would have had us up at the crack of dawn. My hubbie and I blurry eyed, watched while the kids rushed down the stairs to discover what Santa had brought. I miss those magical days.

Yes, I believe in magic. I believe in the magic held in the eyes of a child when they open up their present to discover their hearts desires. Last night over at my in-laws, my nephew made my Christmas because he was so excited I got him a little aquarium set up. He wanted his parents to stop at the pet store on the way home to pick out his fish.

But I have to say, I also enjoyed my own children when we got home. They are older now. I have one out of college, one in, and one that will be college next year. I loved the way they laughed and mingled together giving each other their gifts. In time I realize this too I'll miss. Everything goes in cycles.

I need to enjoy this phase also because the next one is just around the corner. The phase where my children will go where life takes them. Jobs, marriage, relationships, life...means there will come a time when we might not all be together.

So I wish for all the magic of Christmas. The magic of being together...remembering the ties that bind us to each other. Merry Christmas!
BARNES & NOBLE, AMAZON, SMASHWORDS

No comments:

Post a Comment