Thursday, February 16, 2012

What a Ride!


There were several reasons I decided to publish Daughter of Deceit before the third installment of Whispers of a Legend. My main reason was to try to break through Amazon. Over on Barnes and Nobles, Whispers has set up a nice little home, steady and comfortable. Barnes and Nobles has always been good to me, but Amazon...in the Indie World we need Amazon!

DAUGHTER OF DECEIT
I know most of you realize that offering a free book even for a short period of time is an attempt to give a reader a glimpse of  the author's writing.

Starting Valentine's Day and ending today, Daughter of Deceit is being offered for FREE! 


Whispers of a Legend has been free for a little over a month on Amazon. I have been extremely happy the sales of Whispers of a Legend, but...nothing prepared me for what Daughter of Deceit did yesterday.

From the time Daughter of Deceit went free, it shot up high on the charts. Amazon updates their rankings hourly. At one point yesterday, Daughter of Deceit was ranked # 3 on FREE Kindle Reads! Not only that, but it was ranked #2 in Romance, #1 in Historical Romance and # 1 in Romance Suspense.

At the time I'm writing this blog, Daughter of Deceit is ranked #7 on FREE Kindle Reads, #5 in Romance, #2 in Historical Romance, and #2 on Romantic Suspense.

I can't begin to tell you the thrill I rode yesterday. I can't describe the feeling. If only for a brief moment in time, I was on the charts! My book of course was in the free column and Hunger Games the paid column, but it sat across from Hunger Games...one of my favorite books on the Top 100 on Amazon Kindle.

I know...I know that it like claiming you knew someone through your cousin's uncle's girlfriend. I don't care. For that moment, it was a thrill to see my book on the same page.

Have so many people to thank for letting everyone know Daughter of Deceit was free (and still is today). EReaders News Today was so kind as to post my book. Then my author friends...You will be seeing many of them in the coming weeks on Novel Works and also Indies Unlimited.

And thank everyone that has downloaded Daughter of Deceit. I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoyed writing it. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment