Saturday, February 11, 2012

WHISPERS OF A LEGEND SAGA

Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Smashwords

Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Smashwords
























This week Whispers of a Legend, Part One- Shadows of the Past finally broke through on Amazon shooting up the charts to #130 books on Free Kindle at one point! It's #1 in Family Sagas!


I have to take a minute to thank EReaders News Today. One mention on his blog and immediately I began to see the downloads climb. We all need help in getting the word out when you're an Indie. It's essential to reach out and promote, but I also want to take the time to thank someone when they were kind enough to mention my book. 


Now my attention turns to the sequels and the options before me concerning my series. Once more my book is doing well over on Barnes and Noble. Whisper of a Legend, Part Two- The Path Now Turned has remained steady in sales at Barnes and Noble. I'm hoping to see the same at Amazon now. 


Are you wondering about Part Three- Vision of Destiny? I'm revising it at the moment. Coming soon, I promise. Taking my time and not rushing through it. Still on course to be released at the end of the month...no later than the beginning of March. 


I want you to know that I'm reading all my reviews- the good...I have been so humbled by some of the comments. 
"Carrie James Haynes has potential to be next well known scifi/fantasy author."
"One thing that struck me all the way through both books was that I could visualize it playing on the big screen. I hope that someone picks up on that and makes a movie out of it or even a TV series. It definitely has the potential to be a good movie!!!"
"What an emotionally gripping story. I love the protagonist strength. She endures much for the safety of her family and her sense of duty."


The not so good- too short and editing...
I'll make no bones about the fact I miss an editor. Too short- it was intentional to go between 30,000-35,000 words with each of these installments. 


If you remember when I released Whispers of a Legend, Part One- Shadows of the Past I told everyone that I took my first book of a trilogy and divided it up into three parts. That's a potential to have nine installments or if the feeling is everyone would rather have a whole novel at a time...I will consider it. But at the moment, the first three installments will be pulled back into one book after the release of Vision of Destiny. I will release a print copy of Whispers of a Legend, Volume I which will include all three installments. 


Thanks for the feedback. Keep it coming! 

1 comment: