Wednesday, July 11, 2012

The Explanation Is...

Do you ever get the feeling you're getting pulled in too many directions?

Silly question. Of course everyone has. I'm doing that now. So many things coming at me. Some good. Some not so good. In life that's the way it goes. But today's blog is only going to address my writing under both Carrie James Haynes and Jerri Hines.

Whispers of a Legend, Vol I

I'm still so thrilled about Whispers of a Legend saga being a semi-finalist in The Kindle Book Review. I have gotten some of the sweetest emails that I so appreciate. Also a first happened to me...someone stopped me and asked me if I was Carrie James Haynes! Wanted to let me know they loved my book and wanted to know when the next installment was coming! It happened at work. Someone had heard of me from someone in my department. A first!

I so enjoy this series. I foresee Part Four- Time of the Nuxvenom- being released early 2013. The only question with the next book is whether I release it in three installments or in one. Also a couple of tid-bits. Over the last few weeks due to placing The Path Now Turned on Amazon Select, I have been addressing the fact that it's missing on Barnes and Noble. I have done a couple of things. One I have sent copies of The Path Now Turned from Amazon to fans of the series who have the app for the kindle. I say this because I have one free day left for The Path Now Turned. It will be soon. I will let you know. August 5 ends Select with The Path Now Turned. I promise I will never...never put any book  of Whispers into the Amazon Select again!!! Starting August 6, it will be back everywhere it was before Select!

Patriot Secrets

My next Indie release will be Ruse of Love under Jerri Hines. Ruse of Love is the second book in the Winds of Betrayal series following Patriot Secrets. Patriot Secrets follows both siblings, Jonathan and Hannah Corbett through the first couple of years of the American Revolution. But the main focus dealt with Hannah. Ruse of Love turns its focus South, Charleston to be exact- Charles Town before the American Revolution...Charleston after the war.

Although Ruse of Love is Book Two in the series, it could stand alone. You don't have to read Patriot Secrets to enjoy Ruse of Love, but my editor (who by the way loves the series) said she was happy she read Patriot Secrets first. Fills in the blanks so to speak. You will have a deeper understanding of the characters.

Ruse of Love
COMING AUGUST, 2012!
Ruse of Love focuses upon Jonathan Corbett. Rebekah Morse is reintroduced in this book. If you have read Patriot Secrets you may or may not remember her. She is the daughter of Rodger Morse who was betrayed in the beginning of Patriot Secrets and lost his life for the cause.

The tides of war has shifted. As eyes turn to the South, Jonathan Corbett will once more find himself thrust into the war's turmoil. Rebekah Morse has no time to contemplate the exploding war around her. Caught up as a pawn in a deadly conspiracy, she finds her only hope lies with her old friend, but things have changed since they last saw each other...Ruse of Love by Jerri Hines-Coming August, 2012! 

When you write, you fall in love with some of the characters you create...just something about them that draws you to write more about their lives, feelings, and loves. So it was with a character that is mentioned in Ruse of Love. Sumner Meador. Does his name sound familiar? If you have or are reading the Tides of Charleston series you will recognize him as the half-brother to Catherine Blankenship. Also in The Promise the doctor that saves Jake Pennington just happens to be Jonathan Corbett although not mentioned by name in The Promise.

Characters crossing from one series to another. I love that...don't you? I mean if this fictional world I have created was real would they not cross when their stories are set in the same place and time. So why am I telling you all of this?

Another Night Falls
COMING SEPTEMBER, 2012!
Another Night Falls is coming—September, 2012! The third and final book to the Tides of Charleston series with Whiskey Creek Press.

It's Sumner's turn! Another Night Falls is the manuscript that fell between the cracks of two major publishers. I received two 'glowing rejections' from two major publishers. Still they were rejections, but Another Night Falls is the reason I decided to try Indie. Being told the only reason Another Night Falls wasn't accepted was because my sales on my prior books sucked motivated me.

To make it in this field takes a lot more than luck. What publishing Indie did for me was give to me an opportunity. I've learned so much in the last year when it comes to this publishing world. First without question you have to write a good book. Not only a good book, but a polished one. Readers expect Indie's now to be just as polished as the major publisher's books. But one of the essential elements in selling is having a support team to help you promote.

Indie authors tend to do that for each other. When I wrote Whispers of a Legend I was embraced as I never was before when I wrote for the smaller publishers even though I have to say that Wild Child Publishing puts out high quality books. What was lacking when I was with Wild Child was the publicity. The reason is simple because no matter if you have written the best book in the world if no one knows about it, what good does it do?

The problem with most authors- myself included- is that we would rather be writing. Promoting takes time and attention away for what we want to do. But then you learn that the book that you love so much and put so much hard work into will sit around and collect dust if you don't do something.

To me going Indie was the best move I've made as an author. It's given readers the opportunity to read my writing. I also love the support within the Indie world.

I've even started a new blog. I love the concept. It's set up to promote romance writers. Easy and simple. Romance in Books- Romantic Picks just for you. Check it out. It's not up fully, but I'm getting there.

Hope this explains a little to what I've been up to. We'll just have to see what tomorrow brings.

Have a good one!


2 comments:

  1. Hi Carrie, first time visitor and follower and great to meet you! Best wishes for Whispers of a Legend and all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! Appreciate it. Hope its not the last time you drop by!

    ReplyDelete