Monday, July 30, 2012

Writing to the Rhythm of Music


There's a song I love by David Nail called Sound of a Million Dreams. The chorus words say

So I labor for hours 'cause I know the power
Of a song when when a song hits you right
Pouring my soul into stories of life
Hoping someone'll hear one tonight
Maybe my voice will cut through the noise 
And stir up an old memory 
And out of these piano keys 
Comes the sound, the sound of a million dreams

(More lyrics: http://www.lyricsmode.com/lyrics/d/david_nail/#share)

Music does that for me. It can stir up a memory with only the first few beats. Music stirs emotions. I have to write to music. I get into a zone with the right music. If anyone is around when I'm writing, they may be entertained by the same song over and over again. I do that when I find that right song matching my mood when I'm writing...Music takes me there.
 
PATRIOT SECRETS
When I hear the song again, it does take me back to where I was when I was writing that particular book. Memories come rushing back. I thought you might enjoy a list of some songs that inspired me while I wrote or am in the processing of writing the book.
 
Patriot Secrets
 
 

 


 
WHISPERS OF A LEGEND
                                                                Whispers of a Legend
 
                                                                     Higher by Creed
 
 
Daughter of Deceit
 
 




RUSE OF LOVE
COMING AUGSUT 7TH!

"Kissed You Good Night" Gloirana
Upcoming books...
 
Broken Legacy
 
 
 
 
Belle of Charleston
 
 

Then of course you have to listen to



Have a good one!
 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment