Saturday, August 18, 2012

TWILIGHT ZONE'S SCARLET LETTER

DAUGHTER OF DECEIT

Have you ever felt like you're living in the Twilight Zone? I mean nothing around you makes sense. I think I've been living in the Twilight Zone when it comes to my writing since February...since my release of Daughter of Deceit.

Daughter of Deceit...Where, oh where, did Daughter of Deceit go? When I took Daughter of Deceit down, I put it back up as Seductive Secrets by Colleen Connally. Because of all the confusion surrounding this book, I put it back up free. It's free everywhere.

The reason...I don't think it's any secret the issues I had with Daughter of Deceit. It was...is a victim of an over zealous reviewer/reviewers...Daughter of Deceit is a victim of trolls. I have someone or a group of someones that are out to destroy my writing career. There isn't another way to say it. It is pretty clear and it isn't pretty.

I now live in the Twilight Zone. I can't make a move to defend myself because in the Twilight Zone World of Publishing, you can't mention any negativity.

DAUGHTER OF DECEIT
In this Twilight Zone, you are suppose to give the persona that everything is wonderful...idyllic...awesome. You have to present yourself as smiling and perfect...kinda like the Stepford Wives.

Nothing bad every happens to a good author...never. So if you have an issue, you need to keep it to yourself or you'll be marked by a Scarlet letter...the Scarlet A for marked author.

As in the Scarlet Letter, be prepared to be ostracized from the publishing society. Oh, they might feel bad for you, but it's like you have a contagious disease...they're afraid that any association with you will contaminate them also...so your author friends will take a step back. When you have the Scarlet A, you will be asked to take down blogs associating yourself with being friends with authors you know. While they will still accept your help in promoting their work, don't expect them to promote yours because of that fear of contamination. And the ones that do help...soon they will be warned and then you can feel them take a step back. Do I blame them? No, I wouldn't wish this on anyone.

I’m so tired of fighting this. I’m tired of defending my book against false and misleading reviews that have only a malicious intent.

Do you know what it’s like to work so hard on a book and simply have a malicious person swoop in and destroy the book you’ve worked endlessly uponDaughter of Deceit/Seductive Secrets took me over a year to write.

Now, I’m waiting like a condemned prisoner walking the last mile for my trolls’ next onslaught. There is no excitement anymore to a release, only fear.

I’ve been told to just let gowalk away from my namemy booksmy series. Why? Because I’ve done something wrongnobecause my writing is as horrible as my troll proclaimsnoMy writing is just fine.

Why then? Simply because I can’t winnot by myself.



AMAZON, BARNES AND NOBLE

No comments:

Post a Comment