Wednesday, November 21, 2012

HAVE A HAPPY THANKSGIVING

I love Thanksgiving. What a great time of the year to reflect on what's important in life. I have Thanksgiving off this year. Haven't had Thanksgiving off in years, part of working in a hospital. But what I'm most thankful for this year when it comes to my writing...you the readers.

Over the last year, I have been fortunate to have met some great writers, read some great books, and hopefully published a few good reads myself.

Whispers of a Legend series has been close to my heart.  I just released Part Four-
Time of the Nuxvenom.

AMAZON, BARNES AND NOBLE, SMASHWORDS

Amazon, Barnes and Noble
Going Indie has been a journey in itself. I have found the biggest obstacle has been the concept that as an Indie writer my books might suffer from lack of edits. Besides the fact that they all my books have been edited...how does one go about to prove that fact? I thought the best way was to go to a reputable place to get it reviewed. I choose to place both Whispers of a Legend, Volume I and Daughter of Deceit into the Writer's Digest Self-Publishing Writing Contest back last spring. Whether you win or not you get a honest evaluation of your work. How much more reputable evaluation can you get than from Writer's Digest?

Here's what they said about Whispers of a Legend... WRITER'S DIGEST SELF-PUBLISHING WRITING COMPETITION

Whispers of a Legend Volume One by Carrie James Haynes is a powerful, otherworldly tale sure to delight fantasy readers of all ages. The story is well written by an author who clearly loves this genre. The front cover graphic is attractive and has just the right amount of color to grab the attention of prospective readers. The back cover copy is powerful and shows readers just enough of a hint of what̢۪s inside. The prologue gives sufficient back story to show character motivation. Dialogue throughout the book comes across natural and true to the characters. There are no glaring errors that would pull readers from the story.

Now onward to Daughter of Deceit which is now Seductive Secrets under my new pen name Colleen Connally. 

Here's what they said about Daughter of Deceit... WRITER'S DIGEST SELF-PUBLISHING WRITING COMPETITION

Daughter of Deceit by Carrie James Haynes is an intriguing tale of suspense guaranteed to keep readers riveted from the first page to the last. Ms. Haynes does a very good job of setting the stage for this story. The front cover is attractive and will grab the attention of prospective readers. The back cover copy is interesting. The author bio in the back of the book gives readers enough information to help them relate. The story starts in the right place and continues at a nice pace that quickens and slows when needed. There are no glaring errors that will pull the reader out of the story.

What I could do better for both stories- both said the covers especially placing of my name as the author.

I don't think you can get a more fair, honest evaluation.

Patriot Secrets
Ruse of Love
Now for what I have planned...I closed my regular website. Never went over to it. I'm going to bring up another blog just for my works...all of them together. All my books. Just to let you know Patriot Secrets will be coming down on November 27th. The rights are reverting back to me. I want to revamp the covers of both Winds of Betrayal Series. So if you want Patriot Secrets, grab it before it goes down...at least for the time being. Probably looking at the beginning of the year. Have to catch up with myself.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving! Keep reading! Have a good one!





   

No comments:

Post a Comment