Saturday, November 10, 2012

THE VOICE

I love The Voice. There is just something about the show that ropes me in. I love the coaches, especially Blake. I'm country what can I say. But I think there's another reason I like The Voice so well. It's their premise that it's the voice they are looking for...and for the most part that's what happens.

The coaches,all of them- Blake, Adam, Christina, and Ceelo- are nice and respectful to the contestants.  I never could stand Simon Cowell. Don't get me wrong. I watched American Idol for years. I don't anymore nor do I watch the X-Factor. I don't like having a show where it sets up people for failure and we sit and watch it as entertainment. You know what I mean. Those poor people that think they can sing and try only to get shot down and basically humiliated.

We all want to be good at something. It's human nature. Honestly, it takes a great deal of courage to at least try to go after your dream. We all need to dream. Dreams give us hope.

So back to The Voice. There are several reasons I like The Voice. One of them is there isn't a contestant I don't like. I wouldn't be disappointed if any of the final twelve won. I do have my favorites. Okay, I'll admit it...I'm a huge Blake Shelton fan so I'm partial to anybody on his team. But the reason for this blog today is about one of the final twelve on Ceelo's team, Nicholas David.

Don't know the man, but boy do I love him. He's got a great voice and does his own thing. Blake said the other night 'Thank God for The Voice' because Nicholas David probably wouldn't have had a shot at fame otherwise. But you know the biggest reason I love Nicholas David...you can just tell he loves what he does.

Not everyone has to fit into a certain little mold to be successful.

It reminds me why I began my series Whispers of a Legend. I chose the fantasy format for a partial reason. It gave me freedom to write. The premise of Whispers— it's okay to be less than perfect.

I hate bullies. I don't understand their reasoning because it's the direct opposite of mine. I look for the good in people. I enjoy watching others succeed and working hard toward my own success. Bullies take joy by inflicting pain in others. Insincere with themselves they try to bring down what they perceive as some one weaker. Bullies latch onto what they point out is a weakness. Bullies want to destroy confidence and replace it with doubt. Bullies place themselves on a pedestal and proclaim themselves righteous.

In Whispers I wanted to show that even hero/heroines make mistakes. The most important thing to remember is don't lose faith in yourself. Hold to what you believe in. Don't expect perfection out of yourself, but don't stop trying to achieve the best you can be. Above all—don't give up.

I just heard a new song by Gary Allan called Every Storm Runs Out of Rain. Listen to it. Great song.

When I began Whispers of a Legend Saga, I wrote it because my heart went out to the teenage victims of bullies. My heart broke when I heard stories of teenagers committing suicide because of bullying. Growing up is hard enough. No one needs the added stress of being bullied, especially when teenager's have such tunnel vision. Saying all that, teenagers aren't the only ones that get bullied.

It would be a wonderful world if we all respected each other. While it may be an impossible task, it is one we all should strive for because everyone should understand there is no perfection in this world. Perfection is an illusion; not a one of us is perfect.

Amazon, Barnes and Noble
Whispers deals with a multitude of issues and will continue to do so as Kela follows her path. The saga is full of adventure, action, romance...an epic fantasy, but I also hope it holds a tad more. If you haven't read it yet, Whispers of a Legend, Part One- Shadows of the Past is free everywhere- Amazon and Barnes and Noble. If you want the first three installments under one cover, you can find it with Whispers of a Legend, Volume I. 

If you have read the series up to this point, know that Whispers of a Legend, Part Four- Time of the Nuxvenom is due out November 20th.



I can't wait until the next episode of The Voice. Whose your favorite? Have a good one! Keep reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment