Thursday, February 28, 2013

MERLIN THE SERIES

 Does anyone else have an addiction to Netflix? I do. My problem is that I don't watch TV that much. I'm on the computer all the time. So anything I watch or listen to is connected to the Internet. One of my co-workers mentioned watching the series MERLIN  from BBC on Netflix. I had already watched The Tudors on Netflix. (Sorry I don't have any pictures to put up on Merlin. Copyright issues make me nervous about posting pictures.)

A week ago I finished up an onslaught of releases. BROKEN LEGACY was released on February 14th; followed by releasing one of my back list books, Patriot Secrets in the Winds of Betrayal series. It took me a little time to split Patriot Secrets up into two books. Patriot Secrets was too long for an ebook...almost 120,000 words. So I split it up into two—The Cry For Freedom and Embrace of the Enemy. New covers, formatting, uploading on the different sites...it all took a great deal of time and effort.

The last week has been filled with promoting...and watching a new series—Merlin. In the back of my mind, I think I had heard of the series. Now, I'm hooked. It has definitely got me in the mood for Whispers of a Legend.

With Broken Legacy, I was living in the French Revolution. With Winds of Betrayal, my mind lay in the middle of the American Revolution. A far cry from a fantasy realm filled with magical beings!

I realize that many of you have waited for Kela to leap into Witheleghe...into a world that is filled with magic. The portal will open with Heir of Witheleghe, Part Five of Whispers of a Legend.

It's probably the reason I'm enjoying watching Merlin so much. My imagination takes off. Watching the show allows my creative juices to flow freely and without restraint.

Now the show detours from the classic King Arthur tale that I remember from my youth. I like it. At the moment, I'm in the middle of Season 3 of Merlin. Finding that in this series, Guinevere is a maidservant. Magic is illegal, yet it encompasses the whole of the kingdom. The heroes do what is right no matter the situation. The villains...are interesting. You don't just see them as villains. I mean I liked Mogana and I knew well enough that she would eventually turn evil. King Uther...never have liked that guy. But I absolutely adore Merlin and Arthur! I never would have imagined Merlin to be the same age as Arthur, but it works.

The way the show portrays magic is exactly how see it in my mind. I enjoy the magical creatures and Merlin has them all...dragons, goblins, unicorns, witches, griffins, enchantments, ghosts... The writers had done an excellent job with Arthur and Merlin's interactions.

Still have a ways to go in the series...yet I already don't want it to end.

Though its not long before the Games of Thrones begins it season again...at the end of March I believe. Can't believe I have never seen the series. I'm dying to watch The Game of Thrones...guess I will have to wait until it comes to Netflix...

Have a good one! Keep reading!

Remember the first book of Whispers of a Legend, Shadows of the Past, is FREE!
Whispers of a Legend, Volume I has the first three installments under one cover. The latest in the series, Time of the Nuxvenom, is available also.

AMAZON  BARNES AND NOBLE

AMAZON   BARNES AND NOBLE

2 comments:

  1. I am excited to hear you will be working on Whispers of a Legend again!! Both my husband and I have read several books of yours and were fast fans!! We read Patriot Secrets already was there be any changes to the book when you split it in two?

    Loved the world you created in Whispers of a Legend it is one of my favorite new series!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Belinda,

    So happy you are enjoying Whispers of a Legend! There was a few revisions (mainly edits) to the story of Patriot Secrets, but nothing that changed the story. I'm excited that in the next installment of Whispers to be finally crossing the portal into Witheleghe! So many possibilities...

    ReplyDelete